REVIEW: BH Cosmetics x Shaaanxo Palette


Hi there,

So, let's try this again eh? Makeup is a passion of mine along with other things so let's try keep at it.

When this Shaaanxo collab with BH Cosmetics was released in Feb 2016, everyone was excited. I feel like in a sea of makeup gurus online, she is one I can nearly guarantee an honest opinion from. The video she did was nice and I knew that it was good quality because she kept using it in her videos.



So, this year Beauty Bay (not sponsored) started selling BH on their site and I was intrigued. I always wait until some of my faves review products before I even think about them. When I was ready to order I checked Beauty Chamber (not sponsored) and they had it for £12.95 and not BB's £18. I mean it was a no brainer really.



Please excuse my natural daylight pics but I wanted it to be more realistic. It's a dual palette where it opens on both sides. It's made of heavy cardboard and isn't flimsy. It has a heavy magnetic closing but I am still unsure as to how it would travel.






Those are some gorgeous eyeshadow colours and not a totally warm palette. I feel that it pulls more of a neutral tone. They say there are shimmer shades in this palette but I feel as though they are more of a softer duo chrome feeling than shimmer and perform better than the shimmers I have encountered recently (hello Urban Decay). I feel that this formula is softer than my Carli Bybel x BH palette but with less fallout. I don't mind fallout if the shadow is soft, pigmented and blends well.

Now onto the lip shades.

























I wouldn't typically be a fan of lip palettes just because they're not very practical to carry around in. I find that is the same for this palette. I have used every shade and mixed them. They wear well for 3/4 hours before getting a little gloopy. I usually line my lips first to ensure they last longer too. The third shade at the top which is a red shade was the only one I haven't liked. It is runnier than the others and it is too messy. Otherwise if these were sold individually I would buy at least 5 of them.


Overall this is a palette I adore. I cannot get away from it. It is love. *all the heart eyes* I would suggest only buying from certified sellers, BH Cosmetics, Beauty Bay or Beauty Chamber. 

I think I am going to purchase a backup because I love this so much. It's fab. Great job Shannon. 

Have you bought this palette? Let me know your thoughts. 

See you in my next post,
Vicky 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review