NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

Want to know what I think is better from popular brand NYX?



I am a huge fan of NYX. I love that whilst they have some dupes for higher end products they have a tonne of their own original products.

The Soft Matte Lip Creams are an almost moussey feeling lip cream. I mean they don't call it a cream for nothing. I would highly recommend using a lip balm previous to applying this product. It dries matte so if there are any dry patches, it will sink into them. Whilst on the lips I would let it dry and apply as many coats as you like. I would typically use two. Whilst the colour is a vibrant hot pink (Addis Ababa) it can be sheered out to your preference. I find that these stay on the lips for up to four hours.

Now, I have heard a lot about the hyped Butter Glosses. When NYX was released in Ireland earlier this year I decided to try one. I gave into the hype (oh no!). There was quite a selection but opted for Peaches and Cream, a gorgeous pinky coral. I hadn't and still haven't heard much about this shade. Whilst this smells like cupcake heaven and it looks gorgeous it has some flaws. I find the formulation of these to be too creamy and a tad gloopy. I find that the longer I have it, the worse it gets. These last very little time on the lips, I mean I don't think I get an hour.


So, who wins? Definitely the Soft Matte Lip Cream. I love the shade selection, longevity, pigmentation and sheer fact that they work so wonderfully.

Give them a go.

Xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review