Doing Emer's Make-up!

Want to see how I did make-up on my sister?

Doing make-up on someone that isn't yourself is hard work. I asked my sister if I could do her makeup for my blog and she actually said yes.

Emer with no make-up on.


So, my sister has been on a weight loss journey since Nov last year and has recently rediscovered features on her face AKA cheek bones! In the picture above all she has on is eye-liner. Emer is not a foundation fan at all. #Awks!


On Emer's face I used ELF's foundation. I buffed it in with a flat top Kabuki. I used Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer under her eyes and on some areas the foundation didn't get to. Emer has neutral undertones so using the concealer on her nostril area and chin balanced everything out. I set her t-zone with Rimmel 'Stay Matte' in Translucent.

As you can see it's a heavy blue/grey smokey eye and in certain lights the centre of the lid popped purple. I used my fave bareMinerals quad in 'The Wild Thing' and the colour 'Controversy' which is a deep blue with a frosty/metallic finish. I put Australis 'LOLZ' purple duo in the centre to give it more definition on her lids.

Emer didn't want to use a black liner for the lid and lower lash line so I used my Stila 'Damsel' liner which is a matte dark brown and so pretty. I asked Emer to do her own mascara and she used Seventeen 'Doll'd Up' in black. 


On Emer's cheeks I used my TopShop highlighter in 'Crescent Moon' I knew the champagne tones would glow off her face. I also used my Essence blush in 'Sweetheart' which is a gorgeous coral/pink. On her brows I used L'oreal's 'Brow Artist - Dark Brunette' but went very lightly on her brows. Emer used her own lipstick as she nicks enough of mine haha. Emer's lipstick is Rimmel 'Heartbreaker'. 


This is the finished look, unedited. Doesn't the make-up just look so glowy yet girly and edgy? I love it. That is my necklace in the picture too haha. 

Hope you enjoyed this more personal post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review