Review - A Few PRIMERS!

Evening all,

Well today I want to talk about some primers I have and discuss in small detail what they're like etc.


So we have Benefit's The POREfessional, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Catrice Prime and Fine, Essence I <3 Stage Eyeshadow Base, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray.

I have included the setting spray as it is something that encourages your makeup to last longer which is what the others do before application. I have the travel size as I wanted to test it out before I buy a full size. I do feel it helps keep my makeup on longer but it doesn't control my t-zone enough. I'm still unsure of this Urban Decay product.

The one and only face primer I have is by Benefit. I got this travel size in a travel size set. I have reviewed that HERE! I do like this product but again not sure if it works. I don't notice a huge difference with it. It comes and goes on my skin like the rain in winter, tee hee!

I am very picky with eye primers. When I got into makeup properly I tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion and never really loved it. I do think it's a tad over hyped. For me personally, it doesn't prolong my eye makeup and makes my shadows crease. The only reason I have this one is because it came with a palette I got recently.

Next up is Catrice. I got this in a recent makeup swap with Aishling. This claims to make your eyeshadow waterproof. I love the brand and have done for years. I stock up when I go back to Ireland in a big way. This does not make anything waterproof and I have put that to the test. Otherwise, it is a decent primer. Keeps the shadow there for a good 8 hours and only has minor creasing after that.



Nexxxxxxxxxt, we have Essence. I have seen this eyeshadow base on YouTube and on some blogs. I needed it. Essence are so inexpensive and have some really good stuff. They are available in some Wilkos in the UK at the moment but more extensively in the New Year. YAAAAAAY! This is a concealer coloured base. I love it. I use this over my Too Faced Shadow Insurance when I'm using creams, golds and white shadows. It makes them pop and the colour payoff stays ALL day. Love it.

Now for my favourite. The HOLY GRAIL. Too Faced Shadow Insurance baby!! What did I use before this? Honest to God this stuff is amazing. It makes everything stay all day, no creases, anything! I recommend this to anyone and everyone and their nans.

I hope you find this helpful.

See you soon,

Victoria xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review