Review: Too Faced 'A Few of my Favorite Things'

Well bonjour,

This is a late post as my camera has been an idiot today in regards to taking pictures. Oh well.

Today is Day 6 of the #BigBlogmasProject. Yay! How time is flying by. Let's get to the review shall we? I put a picture of this on my Twitter or somewhere and a few have asked how the palette is and is it worth it, here's my thoughts. After some detailed pictures etc first.


The packaging is gorgeous. Designed by Mary McDonald and is the girliest thing ever! Even the box is the same, which I didn't photograph, oops.


You get a travel sized 'Better Than Sex' mascara and a full size Color Bomb Plumping Lip Tint in 'Bee Sting'.


The mascara has the wand I seem to love. Just volumises my lashes and doesn't clump or smear. The lip tint is so plumping and you can feel the tingling sensation on your lips for so long after. The colour is a subtle nude. Both gorgeous products but I prefer the mascara.


Now onto the palette.



What I like about the bronzers is how wearable they are. I don't wear bronzer because I am fair skinned BUT I have worn all of these without looking tango or like I have smudged mud on my cheek. Chocolate Soleil smells so good and is obviously matte. Sun Bunny is a two toned bronzer with a satin/shimmer finish.


Now, I love blushers and especially peach/pink ones. I have quite a few as it is. I have used both of these and can definitely say they're awesome. Raindrops on Roses has small gold specks that make the blush so pretty. It gives a rosey look to the cheeks. Melt into Spring is a blush I would buy full size, on its own. I love it. It's a peachy pink matte that literally is my new obsession. LOVE!

Now the 20 eyeshadows :) To be different I have started from the bottom (no Drake pun intended hehe). Going from left to right on all.

 Pure Glam, Party Time, Ooh la Orchid, Bluff and Tinsel
 Soiree, Woolen Mittens, Crisp Apple Strudel, Taffy and Coquet
 Blue Satin Sashes, Evergreen, Buche de Noel, Honey Honey and Cream Colored Ponies
Dark Chocolate, Moon on Their Wings, Chocolate Milk, Whiskers on Kittens and Snowflakes.

Now onto my thoughts. I am happy with this palette. The palette retails for £48. It is a tonne of money BUT I do think it's worth it. You get 20 eyeshadows, a lip tint and a travel sized mascara in a gorgeous travel friendly makeup bag. The design alone is a huge seller I think.

The shadows are shimmery, matte and satin. The matte shadows are 'Chocolate Milk, Dark Chocolate, Cream Colored Ponies, Woolen Mittens and Ooh la Orchid'. There are a few dud colours like 'Whiskers on Kittens', it didn't even show up in the picture and it doesn't do much on the lid without having to really work with it. It left glitter on my lid with no colour.

In the palette 'Party Time' looks gorgeous but has little pigmentation and is very sheer and shiny. Not what I thought it would be at all. I do like 'Evergreen' but almost wanted it to be greener and less olive looking. There is a little fallout with some colours but I never put foundation on before my eye makeup.

I don't have much more to complain about because this palette really is gorgeous. I do have a video going up about the palette alongside some looks. In the picture please excuse my lack of foundatio, I only had concealer on. 




Have a great evening and see you tomorrow,

Victoria xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review